“I want you to be leaders to protect the world. Leaders like Lions, Self-Reliant, courageous, majestic and just.”
For a more detailed explanation about the program please visit the following link: http://www.sathyasai.org/ya/ssilp.
Empowering Women is one of the options given by the SSILP on projects
The belief is even though we are in the 20th century there are still women who need the knowledge and confidence to take control of their lives. Empowering Women would mean to give them the skillset needed to help them in their everyday activities, give them the confidence to apply for jobs they wouldn’t normally apply for, allowing them to speak up rather than stay quiet. Empowering would mean to equip women with education and encouragement through educational and inspirational lectures paired with center activities that would enhance those skills (activities will be outside of the regularly scheduled center programs).
This program would consist of two parts:
1. Online Education / inspirational talks (Volunteers needed): If you are interested in conducting an online education / talk session, Register here as a Speaker
– Center members will have access to the online videos
2. In-person Activities – The main purpose of having an accompanying activity is to avoid this from being strictly an online option that may not be seen by those who really need this help.
– The In-person activities would give that personal touch with love allowing each person to feel that Swami himself is taking care of each of his children, is encouraging and is empowering them to succeed in today’s world.
– Mentorship program (Volunteers needed from each center). If you are interested in serving as a mentor, Register here as a Mentor
· Women in Government: U.S. State legislators are 75% men and 25% women according. In the U.S. Congress 19% were women and 81% were men. In addition, only 12% of U.S. Governors are women. These stats come from AAUW 2016
· What is Women’s Empowerment, as defined by Huffingtonpost, “Empowering girls and women is powerful. Today, we know it is the key to economic growth, political stability, and social transformation. World leaders, experts and scholars alike are giving their voice to this critical endeavor.”
· As stated by Barack Obama – “There is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women.
Should you know of someone who would be a good speaker/mentor for this initiative please forward their name and contact information to us and we will be happy to reach out to them.